Real Estate and Economic Researcher
Experience Level: Entry
Salary: $40,000 – $47,000
About Development Strategies
We are a multidisciplinary planning and advisory firm that improves communities by guiding and shaping investments in real estate, economy, community, policy, and place. Our team of planners, designers, analysts, and strategists collaborate to advance our holistic approach to creating plans for downtowns, districts, corridors, cities and private development.
We have a passion for cities, innovation, storytelling, and equity that permeates our practice and our plans. We blend the experience of place with practical analytics in a way that deepens understanding of a community’s assets, opportunities, and challenges. With this deeper understanding, we work with communities to shape strategies that are informed, impactful, and implementable. Throughout our planning, we strive to always tell the story of why things are the way they are, to give meaning and foundation to how to make positive change.
Our team of project managers requires the services of a researcher in demographics, economics, finance, and real estate data and related information.
- Gather economic and real estate data from published and internet materials including federal and state databases, private vendors, real estate brokers, economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, universities, and related sources to address specific needs of clients
- Download, enter, organize, and format statistics and related information into tables, graphs, and summary points
- Telephone research and interviews to obtain and clarify customized information
- Manage databases useful in project management and research
- Assisted with research-oriented and other projects
- Assist with graphic content of reports and presentations
- Ensure consistency in reports and presentations with firm’s graphic standards. Project managers may require assistance with report formatting
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field (e.g., real estate, urban planning, business, economics, finance) and/or strong research skills from other disciplines
- Personable for frequent interactions by phone and face-to-face with people outside the office
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products: At a minimum Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written communication: Writing and/or statistical analysis sample may be requested
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com or mail to:
10 South Broadway, Suite 1500
St. Louis, Missouri 63102-1743